We are currently working on our English and Spanish Formation schedules for the 2012-2013 year. Keep an eye out for the dates. We have formed 3 committees to work with the Region XI standards and come up with a schedule for formation: one for full-time youth ministers, another one for volunteers, and one for core teams. If you would like to be a part of any of these committees please contact me.
We have partnered with Catholic Relief Services and World Library Publications for our 2012 High School Leadership Camp. CRS will be sponsoring our “Called to Justice Camp” where young people will engage in a process to Experience, Foster Social Analysis, Pray/Reflect and learn to Respond in their communities. Also we will be joined by Jacob Villalobos, from the Jacob and Matthew band based out of Los Angeles, who is available for the camp. He will be doing: Don't just pray, PRAY! Young people will explore new and exciting ways of developing and executing prayer within the community. Try something fresh and unleash the power of prayer. Make prayer not just something we do but something we LOVE to do.
If you have questions on these or any of the events please let me know ASAP. Have a blessed summer.
Invite your Confirmation team to attend one of our Confirmation Trainings:
All Workshops: 9am-4pm. $20/P. Lunch included *.
- June 9, 2012: Our Lady of Guadalupe—Bakersfield.
- June 10, 2012: St. Ann—Ridgecrest.
- August 18, 2012: Our Lady of Victory—Fresno
- September 8, 2012: St. Joseph—Los Banos.
- Taller en Español:
- 11 de Agosto, 2012 Salón Bishop Donohoe—Centro Pastoral de Fresno. If you would like to be part of the training team. Please contact the office of youth ministry. Master Catechists are specially invited to be part of the team.
If you would like to schedule a presentation for your parish for the year 2012-2103. Please see the brochure attached.
- June 14. Youth and Young Adult Ministers’ Appreciation Mass and Dinner. Mass at 6pm. Dinner to follow.
- August 2-5. High School Leadership Camp. STYC. $200/participants. High school students who want to learn on how to grow in their Christian Leadership skills.
- July 20-21. Youth Ministry Boot Camp. STAR. $95/person double room. Single rooms available. Regardless if you are a seasoned Youth Minister or a new youth minister...come grow in your understanding of ministry and share with others.
- July 12-15. Curso De Verano. STYC. $200/participant. Come and learn what Pastoral Juvenil is about. English or Spanish.
- September 27. Diocesan-wide Holy Hour - youth prayer service. 7pm – 8:30. Holy Spirit, Fresno; Shrine of Our Lady of Fatima, Laton; Sacred Heart, Bakersfield. 3 different locations to be announced. Bring snacks to Share! More information to come.
- October 13. Young Adult Night at the Congress. Come and meet other young adults from around the diocese. 7pm – 9pm. Cost $10 or $5 if registered for Congress.
- October 14. High School Youth Day. Visalia Convention Center. 8:30am (registration opens) – 5:00pm. Mass 3:45 – 5:00pm, All priests are welcomed to concelebrate. Theme in honor of the Year of Faith: “It’s Only the Beginning! Know HIM, Love HIM, Serve HIM”. $20 per participant. It does not include lunch. Ceili Rain has confirmed attendance! Parents are invited to a parent workshop. More info to come. If you would like to be part of the committee please let me know….meetings are on the 3rd Thursday of the month.
Youth & Young Adults Ministry Coordinator